Senior Structural Engineer and Business Leader
Scope & Purpose of the Job:
The primary role is to lead the structural engineering business area, increasing turnover and profit. This will involve managing the structural engineering team, managing large and small projects, growing the team and starting up new areas of structural engineering business.
- Financial performance of the structural engineering business area.
- Promoting structural engineering, meeting clients and gaining business.
- Developing the team including recruitment of new staff together with the Director.
- Developing the structural business area’s technical scope, together with the Director and our Technical Leader.
- Developing the structural engineering business and entering new areas.
- Managing structural engineering or other projects.
- Engineering analysis and structural engineering calculations.
- Creation of programs and spreadsheets for automated calculation.
- Creation of standard calculations within TEDDS.
- Visit site as and when necessary on projects.
- Checking the work of our staff and any external structural engineering consultants.
- Keeping track of the latest facade structural product information.
- Assisting the directors, associates and senior staff with other tasks as required.
There may be other items to be added to this list from time to time, and you will have the opportunity to discuss the work you are engaged in with a Director at frequent intervals.
- The role requires good practical and technical structural engineering knowledge and experience.
- The candidate must be degree qualified, a Chartered Engineer and a Member of the Institution of Structural Engineers.
- The candidate should also have a good knowledge of facade materials, products, manufacturing methods and construction methods.
The candidate must have at least 6 years experience in structural design, including structural design within the facade engineering industry.