Facade Fire Safety: Investigation & Re-cladding
Removal and Replacement of Flammable Cladding.
The Government-led Building Safety Programme, will fund and oversee the removal and replacement of ANY flammable material, not exclusively ACM (Aluminium Composite Material), on all residential buildings over 18m high. Including:
- ACM Cladding
- HPL (High-pressure laminate)
- Other cladding materials that fall below the required flammable classification
In the March 2020 budget, the government announced that it would provide £1 billion from 2020 to 2021 through a new Building Safety Fund. This would fund the remediation of unsafe non-ACM cladding systems on residential buildings 18 metres and over in both the private and social housing sectors.
In July 2022, the government reopened the £4.5 billion Building Safety Fund, the Department sent a letter to all responsible entities that applied for the Building Safety Fund in June to July 2020. This provided information about the reopened BSF and what action they may need to take.
More information can be found here ACM Cladding removal & Non-ACM cladding removal
Patrick Ryan Associates have a team of highly experienced façade consultants, building physics practitioners and structural engineers. We can help you investigate the compliance of any façade cladding products (ACM and non-ACM products), in buildings with floors between 11m-18m and above 18m from ground level.
- Cladding investigations including dismantling, identification of materials, location of fire barriers alongside a report of findings. We work closely with accredited fire engineers to provide our clients with the best professional advice.
- Testing of cladding and insulation materials for flammability.
- Professional guidance with regards to any remedial works necessary from planning through to completion.
- Assistance with the selection of façade repair contractors
- Design and Specification of the necessary façade remedial repairs for tender, including fire performance, structural integrity of the secondary support system and the required thermal performance to meet the building regulations.
- Assessment of the façade contractors’ tender package and subsequent design output
- Onsite monitoring of the contractors’ work throughout the façade replacement process
If you would like to contact us regarding your project or specific requirement, please call or email us:
Telephone 0208 254 9920