Removal and Replacement of Flammable Cladding.
The Government-led Building Safety Programme, will fund and oversee the removal and replacement of ANY flammable material, not exclusively ACM (Aluminium Composite Material), on all residential buildings over 18m high. Including:
- ACM Cladding
- HPL (High-pressure laminate)
- Other cladding materials that fall below the required flammable classification
The government announced in the Budget on 11 March 2020 that we will provide £1 billion in 2020 to 2021 to fund the removal and replacement of unsafe non-ACM cladding systems. This funding is in addition to the £600 million which government has already made available to ensure the remediation of the highest risk ACM cladding.
The MHCLG states that building owners of high-rise buildings over 18m are required to ensure that all unsafe cladding systems are removed and replaced to ensure the safety of residents and the general public. There is currently discussion as to whether the height range shall be reduced from 18m to 11m tall.
Patrick Ryan Associates have a team of highly experienced façade consultants building physics practitioners and structural engineers. We can help you investigate compliance of cladding and rainscreens, including ACM on buildings with floors above 18m from ground level.
- Cladding investigation including dismantling, identification of materials location of fire barriers and with a report on findings. We work closely with accredited fire engineers to provide our clients with the good professional advice
- Testing of cladding and insulation materials for flammability.
- Professional guidance with regards to any remedial works necessary from planning through to completion.
- Assistance with selection of façade repair contractors
- Design and Specification of the necessary façade remedial repairs for tender, including fire performance, structural safety of the support system and required thermal performance.
- Assessment of façade contractors tender and subsequent design output
- Onsite monitoring of contractors work throughout the façade replacement process
If you have any queries, questions or just want to talk to us about ways we can help you regarding cladding flammability and building safety please call or email us:
Telephone: (020) 8254 9920